MC-60 repair for Treadmill

vbtalent

Joined Feb 20, 2010
I was going to try my hand at repairing my treadmill that has an issue of stopping in the middle of a run as it seems to get heated up or needs to apply more current to the circuit when doing an incline.

I've tried to read the MC-60 threads on the forum and it appears there are no actual schematics just those assembled / drawn by members on the forum.

Since my treadmill is currently in a semi-working state are there certain items I should have on hand or a certain direction I should take when trying to figure out what's wrong?

I've read a lot of people suggest the opto-isolator is a suggested point of failure and another thread of some parts being replaced just in case

2x LM324N
1x MOC3052
2x S4020L
2x Replacement RPS 1 resistors
2x Replacement RPS 2 resistors

Since this seems to "shut down" is there a protection circuit or failure point that is common?

I've attached some of what I was able to find, my apologies if I am not supposed to combine them into a single thread.

Appreciate and help and or suggestions.

Vb,

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If you think it is a heating issue, you could try the aerosol freezing solutions, such as Arctic Air etc.
Does the motor have a thermal cut out switch? usually detected by an extra pair of wires exiting the motor.
Max.

vbtalent

Joined Feb 20, 2010
Thanks for the quick reply.

Its too fast of recovery for it to be a motor overheat, I'll take a look for the extra wires.

When the opto-isolator is going bad what type of symptoms does that create? It seems that as long as there isn't a significant load on the treadmill and ran for short time frames all seems to be working correctly. Whenever it gets loaded up it seems to cut out but recovers quickly.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Normally there is no varying load on a Opto, but I have had one situation where they appeared to exhibit weak or marginal conduction and changing it cured the problem, for the price it may be worth replacing?
Max.

ptribbey

Joined Jan 2, 2010
I just fixed another one. D6 again. Maybe they had a bad run of LED's. On a previously repaired one, the 12V indicator led was also bad, but has no effect on the circuit.