MC 1439 g opamp and 2N4234 transistor

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by samik, Nov 9, 2009.

1. samik

Thread Starter Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Hi all,
    I do not have much knowledge about analog circuits. However I need to get a circuit board fabricated and for that I need to buy an amplifier and a transistor. The circuit diagram says I need a MC 1439 g opamp and 2N4234 transistor. The circuit is for hot wire anemometer.
    But my prof told me to get better amplifier and transistor from the market. Now I am wondering what specification to look for while purchasing. In short, it would be great if someone can tell me what are the upgraded versions of the above two components available in the market or directly which amplifier and transistor i should buy. I know I am being very vague here. So kindly excuse my ignorance. Any kind of help will be highly appreciated.
    Regards
    Samik

2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    OK, so first you need to find datasheets for the MC1439G opamp and the 2N4234 transistor.

This page: http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/130013/MOTOROLA/MC1439.html
    has a link to the MC1439 datasheet, which also contains the MC1439G specifications.

You can probably find the datasheet for a 2N4234 using a similar search.

Next, you need to figure out what your professor meant by "better", in terms of circuit performance for your project.