maxwell 3D problem

Antidigtal

Joined Jul 3, 2009
When I open the material setup in the maxwell 3D program, it prompts me that I can't access the MaterDir variable and asks me to check the "maxwell.ini". Does anybody know what is wrong and how to solve it.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
version 9。Have you ever met this?
I'm using version 12. It is a long time since I used version 9 and I didn't have issues with maxwell.ini. Needless to say this isn't an issue for version 12.

It sounds like the maxwell.ini file has become corrupted and hence needs fixing. There are two way you can do this: delete the INI file and recreate a new one, or manually edit the INI file to fix the MaterDir variable declaration. The former is probably easier than the the latter since you don't need to understand how the maxwell.ini file works.

Let me try and give you some idea of how this INI file works and hopefully we can work on trying to overcome any problems (naturally I don't have v9 to test any of this).

At installation time for a particular user account, you configure your Maxwell directory, the program them places a folder in the directory called Maxwell, i.e. %Maxwell Directory%\Maxwell (note: on Windows the determination of the Maxwell directory is from the NT environment variables %HOMEDRIVE% and %HOMEPATH%). Maxwell creates the maxwell.ini file in the Maxwell home directory as part of this initialisation process.

So my first suggestion is to back-up any Maxwell project files. Then either delete the Maxwell directory for your user account and then relaunch Maxwell and it should prompt you for a place to create the Maxwell directory - this will then create a new maxwell.ini file; or uninstall Maxwell completely, manually remove the Maxwell directory and then reinstall Maxwell, this will as you to create the Maxwell directory and hence will create a new maxwell.ini file.

Dave