MAX3316 Equivalent

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by khanna_gunjan, Apr 20, 2006.

1. khanna_gunjan

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Hello Freinds,

I am looking for a chip, which is pin compatible with MAX3316 and is also low voltage driven (2.5V or 3V),

Please Suggest.. Thanks in advance

Gunjan

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Just to be clear, the MAX3316 is NOT a UART, it is a transceiver with two tansmitters and two receivers. That said, I don't think the world is overflowing with second sources for proprietary chips. If you want the function, you pay the freight.

I could be wrong though, there might be one out there. How much is the answer worth in terms of your time and resources?

3. windoze killa

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 23, 2006
    Also why do you want a different one? I feel Maxim are the leaders in this tech so their chip should be exactly whats needed.

4. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    He wants an alternative because Maxim chips are either unavailable or too expensive. I agree with you WK; who has time to look for alternatives when the solution is right in front of you. People are expensive, silicon is cheap.

5. windoze killa

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 23, 2006
    How do you know that????? Nothing about that in his original post.

6. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Call it an educated guess. I could be wrong though.

7. khanna_gunjan

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 29, 2006
    well i am looking for an alternative only because it is not easily availbale and i needed the chip urgently for the develooment.. anyways thanks i have found an alternate part with Texas Instrument (SN75C3232DBR)