MAX 232 Buffer

Anthony Quah

Joined Dec 1, 2007
I am doing a project using M68HC11 to serial communicate with other device as i know buffer was use in my project...the problem is...i cant find it locally..i would like to get suggestion what IC Chip are equipvalent to function of Max 232 buffer chip ..please view the pic for more detail .thanks

Attachments

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Of course I have no idea what is local to you, but Digi-Key has numbers of MAX232 variations.

They are not buffers, by the way. They are interface chips that generate the +/- voltages for and do RS-232 data transfers.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Why not ask the places in Maylaysia that you use to acquire other chips. It is pretty unlikely that anybody located ouside of Maylasia is going to be able to help. There are distributors in the US that will ship worldwide, but the price will probably knock your socks off. I hope you can find a way to solve your problem, but short of finding a stocking distributor I think you are SOL.

spar59

Joined Aug 4, 2007
If all else fails you could try ebay - just did a quick check and found buy-it
-now quoting US $10 for 10 or $6.50 for 5 including delivery from Thailand to UK, presumably similar postage cost to you. They are also advertised individually but the above seemed good deals.