MATLAB-Image Processing Help

ankurtomar2001

Joined Jun 4, 2008
Hi...
I am doing my project "Hand Shape Recognition Access Control System", in this i need to compare input image with database image. So i need help is how to compare two images in MATLAB. I m capturing an image using CCD camera and converted into gray scale image (2D Matrix).

Plz anybody can help me and tell me how to compare two images in MATLAB, what algorithm should need to be implemented.

Plz reply ASAP........
Ankur

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Without knowing anything about your images I would suggest you have two options:

1. Direct pixel comparison (very easy).
2. Deduce matrix eigenvectors and compare them for similarity - options for this method in the Image Processing toolbox.

If you want to think about potentially more complex methods, then I gave some advice a month or so back about audio sample comparisons based on spectral structure: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=11060

Dave

ankurtomar2001

Joined Jun 4, 2008
hello Dave...

Thks for the prompt reply........

I had compared the image Pixel by Pixel i.e. fine...but in my project i have to measure some features of a human hand like fingers length, width...so can u plz help me on that ..........

second i tried for eigenvectors also....but the way i m doing its not a good approach bcoz m having image matrix of 300X300.....so dealing with this matrix, its taking a lot of time.......so can u plz tell me in detail how to deduce matrix eigenvectors and compare them for similarity..........

thks
ankur