Matlab DSP Difference equation and invert Biquad?

Andyfreqz

Joined Dec 19, 2010
Hi, i have done an awfull lot of my assignment but am stuck on a few things, i have to randomly choose to poles and zeros on a zplane of a biquad iir filter. I was just wondering how the difference equation should be calculated manually? I have used [b,a] = zp2tf (z,p,1); to calculate the a and b coefficients for the difference equation and used freqz to plot the frequency response, i was just wondering how one would do this manually?

Also the only other bit i am stuck on is how to invert the BiQuad? Do i just use the same m file and add inverted zeros and poles to it?

Any help is appreciated thanks! If any more information is needed i can provide that also!

Hi, i have done an awfull lot of my assignment but am stuck on a few things, i have to randomly choose to poles and zeros on a zplane of a biquad iir filter. I was just wondering how the difference equation should be calculated manually? I have used [b,a] = zp2tf (z,p,1); to calculate the a and b coefficients for the difference equation and used freqz to plot the frequency response, i was just wondering how one would do this manually?
Typically you do pole/zero design in the frequency domain. So you'd choose your poles and zeros and derive your transfer function from those locations. Then take the inverse z transform to find the difference equation.

Is that what you are asking?

Also the only other bit i am stuck on is how to invert the BiQuad? Do i just use the same m file and add inverted zeros and poles to it?
I am not familiar with this. What do you mean 'invert' the biquad? What purpose would this serve?