Mass internet outage?

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
According to the inside word at the phone company they screwed something up so it was not a state wide problem.

I'm guessing someone didn't count to 10 slow enough when they unplugged and replugged their central router in after an update. :rolleyes::p

Joined Nov 30, 2010
This is not a major internet outage today but, My house, thunderstorm, no service. After an hour, I phoned the Customer Disservice Representative to tell them something went wrong. I was transferred to Tech Support after a few dozen recorded advertisements and was then told I would have to be at home on Tuesday at 6 PM (3 days hence) before a service technician could come to my house...and what? Reset the breakers at their local distribution node?

Fortunately, I laughed at her instead of saying what I really think about hiring McDonald's Cashiers to be in charge of Technical Support. Another fortunately, real techs are working today and therefore I am able to post this thread about Bright House Networks.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
If you really want language based entertainment you need to listen in on some of the discussions my Turkish Wife and I have relating to what our American words, and how to pronounce them somewhat correctly, really mean and what meaning she prefers to apply to them and to which one of us is correct. :rolleyes:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Hey, you have a gorgeous wife. Why do you talk about pronunciation and enunciation. That is weird.
Are you refering to me? o_O

Outer looks are good but as of lately her inner ones, well... :eek::eek::eek:

If your wife referred to you and your whole family as servant class people who deserve zero respect from her because of the jobs you and they have and average unassuming life styles you and they live at and had invited her into with zero judgement how beautiful do you think she would start looking to you? :(

Pretty damn ugly by the morals and standards I was raised by. :(

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
tcmtech
I think you are a very nice and kind person and your wife has figured out all of your buttons that keep you off balance (Pi$$ed off).

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I really don't let people's negative views of me get to me to any great degree. Exspecially so when I confront them face to face about what makes me so bad of person to deserve zero respect and they can not find one legitimate negative quality about me except for not letting others push me around based on their life standards and expectations and choosing to live they way I like which includes working they type of technical labor jobs I have always done. .

I say me and my wife did terrible things in a past life and right now we are each others punishments. I'm just taking mine with a bit more grace and dignity than her. :p

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I think you are a very nice and kind person and your wife has figured out all of your buttons that keep you off balance (Pi$$ed off).
Actually she rarely gets under my skin to any real degree. I full well understand the thought processes of negative people and the one way to defeat them is to simply be nice to them regardless of what they throw at me. :D

I believe it's really hard to feel superior to someone for any length of time when they outshine you in human decency by every standard you can judge yourself and them by. ;)

I am independent, strong willed, stubborn and I speak my mind without guilt but I have never judged anyone to be less than me due to their job or what type of house they or their family live or have lived in.

Now however if a person is arrogant pompous and all around full of themselves with little to no reasons to back up those personal beliefs, well yes I can say I have very low tolerance for them and unfortunately that is what my wife seems to be playing to as of lately to try and set me off for reason I can not begin to rationally understand. :(

Personally I see my wife has a load of health issues both physical and to some degree psychological that have came to light so when she acts out so ridiculously dumb I just take it as a medical problem and not who she really is although she really does become a ugly person to be around at times from it. :mad:

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
I can't stand it when someone else's mean old bitch wife causes a massive Internet outage.
I hope I'm following the full story in this thread, but I did just kinda skim most of the postings rather quickly.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
In the late 90s I lived near Las Vegas. My section of town had an internet outage that lasted for 3 days. It was caused by crooks breaking into a substation, they stole all of the servers and modems. Something a bit more tangible than a ping attack.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
No she didn't do it. She just works for the company that screwed up some sort of mass system update.

I can't blame her or anyone else for that. I know that stuff will happen being I've screwed up quite a few things in my life due to some simple update or service work going horribly wrong that had nothing to do with me having directly screwed up the new install.

At my last job our software engineers loved to send out new program updates and revisions for our frac equipment with absolutely zero before hand testing to see if their new versions worked. I can say with a fair degree of honesty they had a less than 1 in 20 record of any update actually installing correctly and working the first time around. :p

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
At my last job our software engineers loved to send out new program updates and revisions for our frac equipment with absolutely zero before hand testing to see if their new versions worked. I can say with a fair degree of honesty they had a less than 1 in 20 record of any update actually installing correctly and working the first time around.
Find the one software engineer that got it right and fire the other 19. :)