Mark Forums Read, menu item

upand_at_them

Joined May 15, 2010
I noticed this recently. When my browser window is maximized the "Mark Forums Read" menu item appears at far left. But when I shrink the browser window to a certain point, the "Mark Forums Read" menu item disappears from the left and appears on the right under the "..." item. This is not intuitive at all.

Can the forum software be modified?

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
When you use "windowsed" view, the menu item furthest to the left get "hidden" under the "...". You can check it out by resizing the width of the window. Would it be better if the menu item furthest to the right got hidden? I do not know if that is possible, but perhaps if it's possible to reverse the order...

I've tried on Firefox and Chrome - both on an Ubuntu installation.

For me it's not an issue, as long as I know where to find it. :)

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I can not reproduce the problem with either browser I got on my OpenSuse linux desktop system.
I have tried FireFox,midori,konquerer and chromium.

Do you use a mobile browser?
That might give an other view than the desktop browsers.

On my phone, I do not get any buttons in the samsung internet app and have to use the menu to access the items.
On the chrome app all looks like in the desktop version.

Bertus

upand_at_them

Joined May 15, 2010
Happens in both Chrome and FireFox on my WinXP machines. I should point out that I'm using the "vB 3.x - Fluid" style in the forum preferences.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The vB 3.x - Fluid is the old set-up.
It is likely not to be updated anymore.
You might contact @jrap about the issue.
He has programmed the layouts.

Bertus

upand_at_them

Joined May 15, 2010
Yeah, but I like the old layout. :)

I'll look at the HTML and CSS sometime and see if I can figure it out. The funny thing is that the top menu bar (with Home, Forums, Gallery..." behaves correctly. That is, as you narrow the window the items on the right go into the "hidden" menu.