Manual crank 8.2-9VAC motor

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by supatron, Jun 7, 2013.

1. supatron

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 7, 2013
    I am working on a senior project for General engineering, so as you may guess my EE is very basic. I am working on taking a spinning component at 403 rpms and hope to make that operate a RF-310T-13400 Yofon Motor which has a rated output of 8.2-9V (I am assuming this is the output, the numbers are iterated on the sticker but doesnt explicitly say it's the output). This was taken from a crank-flashlight. I cannot find this company online, the closest being Mabuchi Motors, and the closest model they have is a nominal 2.5V motor (RF-310TA-11400 http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp/en_US/cat_files/rf_310ta.pdf). I need to figure out how to gear up/down from the 403 rpms to get a sufficient rpm to operate the AC motor. Without the proper model online, I cannot seem to figure out the rpms required to do this.
    Any suggestions?

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Experiment. If you can find something with a variable speed motor (maybe a bicycle?), you can map output from your motor versus rpm. You'll need a way to measure rpm too.

If you also use a few different loads (1, 10, 100Ω for example) then you can generate a complete model of what your gizzmo can do under any combination of rpm and load.

supatron likes this.