Manchester code modulation

suki

Joined Jul 6, 2010
I have develop a circuit which taking a series of binary number and change it into Manchester code. then, I need to modulate the Manchester code, is it possible to modulate it into FSK because I found that Manchester code only can be modulated into PSK. help me to figure this out pls.

Attachments

suki

Joined Jul 6, 2010
thanks for the reply, however, i've built my manchester encoder. the problem now is with the modulation part. i need to modulate the manchester code, but when i try to simulate it with vco which i should get fsk as the result, i got uncertain pulses which i think is not correct. can u gv me any idea in modulating manchester code?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
thanks for the reply, however, i've built my manchester encoder. the problem now is with the modulation part. i need to modulate the manchester code, but when i try to simulate it with vco which i should get fsk as the result, i got uncertain pulses which i think is not correct. can u gv me any idea in modulating manchester code?
Encoding the bit stream and modulating a carrier from the output are two different processes. The vco should just take the 1/0 voltages levels from the encoder and shift the frequency of the carrier

http://www.maxim-ic.com/app-notes/index.mvp/id/3435

suki

Joined Jul 6, 2010
yes, it is two different process, but when i try with vco, it gave me uncertain pulses as shown in figure below. pls have a look on my circuit and results, is that looks ok? if not, is theres any suggestion for me to improve it?

Attachments

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
yes, it is two different process, but when i try with vco, it gave me uncertain pulses as shown in figure below. pls have a look on my circuit and results, is that looks ok? if not, is theres any suggestion for me to improve it?
You need to remove the edge glitches and your vco carrier frequency looks to be too low for the bit-rate.

For an example look at RDS where there are 48 (more than is needed) cycles of carrier per bit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Data_System