Making of respironics machine

shyckh

Joined Jul 28, 2014
I want to make a respironic machine which is used by doctors to nablize patient suffering from asthma. This machine throughs steam/air(not sure) into a chamber containing medicine in liquid form via a pipe which converts liquids into steem/air which is inhaled by patient via oxygen mask. I want to know its working principal in detail so that i can start working on this project to make it cheaper.ty

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Such a machine has the potential to cause harm to a patient if it operates incorrectly. Given your apparent lack of knowledge of its working principles and electrical/mechanical details, do you think it's safe to build one? Also, won't it need official approval of some sort before being legally usable?

sesmd (stan)

Joined Sep 30, 2014
The typical face-mask nebulizers used in Emergency Rooms are purely mechanical - using a high pressure stream of oxygen to
aspirate and nebulize a diluted solution of a bronchodilator such as Albuterol. It is important to know proper dilutions in
preparation of the nebulized liquid - typically, medication is diluted with sterile water or saline. The medications are generally
obtainable by prescription, only. Improper use may lead to severe adverse reactions, so extensive prior knowledge before
use is imperative. I worked as an ER physician for 20 years, and have seen too many adverse situations arise from improper
home use. The best means is to obtain instruction from your doctor, and prescriptions for medication AND equipment.
This is far more likely to give the good results that you are seeking. I do not mean to lecture, I simply wish to see the best
possible outcome for you.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
In order to make things cheaper you need to mass produce them in ridiculous quantities. Unless you have a chinese factory sitting idle, you don't have a chance. Even if you harvested all your parts from broken appliances i doubt you could build a nebulizer for less that $13.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The typical face-mask nebulizers used in Emergency Rooms are purely mechanical - using a high pressure stream of oxygen to
aspirate and nebulize a diluted solution of a bronchodilator such as Albuterol. It is important to know proper dilutions in
preparation of the nebulized liquid - typically, medication is diluted with sterile water or saline. The medications are generally
obtainable by prescription, only. Improper use may lead to severe adverse reactions, so extensive prior knowledge before
use is imperative. I worked as an ER physician for 20 years, and have seen too many adverse situations arise from improper
home use. The best means is to obtain instruction from your doctor, and prescriptions for medication AND equipment.
This is far more likely to give the good results that you are seeking. I do not mean to lecture, I simply wish to see the best
possible outcome for you.
Oh man, you sound like my grandfather, Oh wait, he was also a doctor. :)

I have to agree with the doctor above, strongly agree. Many things we frequently see we feel we can do better and for less cost. Certain things, especially in the field of medicine, are best left to those who actually know what they are doing as really bad things can happen. When I see my physician and he prescribes a medicine or suggest something I always look at him and say "so you really did go to school for all this, correct"?

Ron

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
In order to make things cheaper you need to mass produce them in ridiculous quantities. Unless you have a chinese factory sitting idle, you don't have a chance. Even if you harvested all your parts from broken appliances i doubt you could build a nebulizer for less that $13.

That is just the neb. kit.

Does not include the necessary compressor.

Here is an example of a complete, portable, unit::

http://justnebulizers.com/pari-trek-s-compact-compressor-combination-pack.html

That is the lowest price ever for that unit, I paid $150.00 apiece for two units , just a few years ago.