Making movies

Thevenin's Planet

Joined Nov 14, 2008
Hi

It seem the the enigneers movie makers are very interested in bringing the best picture to the viewers throught the lates technology,that is the wide screen formate,high definition,dolby sound, Three Dimensional and digital. All this is to give the viewers a more realistic perception of experience. But what are missing, is the reality of visual preception,that is, seening the action from the leading character eyes sight as we human see it every day from our own visual preception of the world.The peripheral and the field view. Of course, the viewer probably will not see the leading character face unless he or she would be looking into a mirror or something that would reflect their image. Although part of the body would be seen just as normal eye peripheral preception would dictate.
I guess something of this sort would take much skill in the acting world as much as photographing skills.Some sort of camera have to take the place of the eyes. Which this may take more skill in optometry and photography sciences,also film producer and screen writers strategic planning.If can be done as though one is experiencing the character visual and peripheral preception as one would experience a daily view with one own eyes. This would truly be a dream come true for the movie goers.Perhaps it may not be as exciting as looking at the characters as is now seen in movies....The movie goers are not accustom to looking at the films of Holly-Wood in such a way.That would be a very interesting experiment for the producers,screenwriter,and the scientists that would be neccessary to make such dimension happen.

Last edited:

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I think it would be interesting, goggles and headphones.
However, if the movie is good enough I get so immersed in it that I feel like I'm in it anyway...

Thevenin's Planet

Joined Nov 14, 2008
I might have to get a patent number before I discuss this valuable info with you guys.You all seem a very eager.I guess I take the risk of losing billion dollar idea.
Frist,there is alot of research that must be a prerequisite before this vision of mine can become manifested.I have seen some of those video games that attempt to do this but it becomes very obvious that they misses the proportion and distances in regard to the actuality. In a nagging sort of doubtful inference ,is it just that I am not conditioned to observing such a perspective on the television/theater screen.Like so many others?This method of watching television/movies would be a psychological oddity to those that have not observed a movie from such perspective.I guess it would be a very strange experience indeed as if one is confused.I believe I am more at watching more information on the television/movie theater screen then I would normally observe in spatial dimension of life.Especially the different angle(s) and close-ups photos that movie photographer does.But if this is the case,one can be condition to become familiar with this new perspective of viewing movies. People are condition everyday to many things,even though, they are not strictly following the method of anticipating the a specific outcome.
Fortune and fame probable will be lost for those that become the leading character(s).Since their face would not be observed much to the watching audience. The biggest perplexity are two things There must be a design in such a way that the optical mechanism for the leading character can see what he/she is doing and simultaneously the special optical device can record what the character is focusing their attention upon.This can be a very sophisticated and intricate constructioned device.
Perhaps this optical device can be some type of helmet the would contain the circuitry that necessary for one to move with balanced determination while the peripheral view is being recorded.Perhaps more have to be predestined or written by the writers ,in regard to what the character would look at rather than a certain facial look,a specific gait,a body movement,such a pat on the table ,ect.This would take more then computer graphic but more time

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
A movie about your planet you are all self consumed ,about too much stuff.
Why not a simple movie about a guy that has to be fed at his computer.
Sleeping in lounge chair,with his mouse duct taped to his hand.Waiting to
hit the lottery,when that one female member decides to post from Mars.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Yes,the real thing,In South Florida just 10 minutes In any direction.
You can Imagine how u-tube has changed people they have to have
there photo somewhere.That why your movie thing sound so real.
Pick a topic ,I will write you a movie title.

Thevenin's Planet

Joined Nov 14, 2008
Yes,the real thing,In South Florida just 10 minutes In any direction.
You can Imagine how u-tube has changed people they have to have
there photo somewhere.That why your movie thing sound so real.
Pick a topic ,I will write you a movie title.
I am beginning to understand that you all don't comprehend the real deal. Which is that a method must be discovered how to get a movie watcher to see the scene as if it was them in the scene.Sort of like when one is dreaming.Not until then a script can be written.I would suggest some type of gaget to fit with the eyes with a camera in it to record the scene(s) from such prospective of the viewer...Of course the metal or spictual part would be most diffuflt.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I am living your movie or series,we just have to frame it
in the mind of the viewer.What did you do that worthy
of a scene in our film.You are always late for post for
starters.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
so, you propose to further society's collective escapist dive into audio/visual stimulated pacification with a new reason not to go outside and live as we were intended... sounds like a money making venture to me.

it's fresh, but not too fresh...
Didn't they already try that with the movie DOOM?

How about this, if you really want to make it a fresh idea: while you're at it, add 2 more sensory stimuli. Touch and smell.

The viewer would sit in a rotating, gyrating chair like in airplane simulators & have air blown in their face like in theme park movies - they could feel the "G's" during a car chase and feel the wind in their faces. they could feel the hot breath of a tryanosaur down the back of their necks as it approaches from behind. They could feel the wind off of a bullett as it grazes their face or shockwave of an explosion.

They would have have puffs of smell concoctions blown up their nose as well - a putrid rotting death smell as the video pans to rotting corpse, a hot sweat smell as the camera beams down into the eyes of a beautiful woman that the viewer can only assume he's making love to. A smell of cookies as they enter the the oracle's kitchen.

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
I think the next generation of filming is 3D games (RPG)......That would give you the feeling of being on the scene. Its old but one example would be Mafia, its less game and more a kind of movie at least I think so.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ Strantor,this is a movie I am going write and direct.
Your theme sounds good,lets work together.In Texas
you have dude ranchs that have the touch and smell.
Take it from there,your turn.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
@ Strantor,this is a movie I am going write and direct.
Your theme sounds good,lets work together.In Texas
you have dude ranchs that have the touch and smell.
Take it from there,your turn.
I doubt that the clientele interested in this type of entertainment would want to touch or smell anything on a ranch. So, I propose we highjack the plot line of the upcoming "Cowboys Vs. Aliens" - so we can quickly whisk them away from the pungent dung & dirty hooker smell and bombard them with explosions and the constant background scent of up-wafting, never never before deodorized, months without being washed, desert infused cowboy armpit smell.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
What about a turberlent experience in a Black Hole light years
away with comets swirling around,falling stars going black.
The light of the east shining thru moving west. North being
dark,the south a place nouristment.The light comes shining
thru as we move toward the Earth station.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
What about a turberlent experience in a Black Hole light years
away with comets swirling around,falling stars going black.
The light of the east shining thru moving west. North being
dark,the south a place nouristment.The light comes shining
thru as we move toward the Earth station.
In the viewing of cosmic anomalies, it would be impossible for the viewer to differentiate between Thevenin's Planet's revolutionary "first person view" and a run-of the-mill cinema shot, rendering his multi-billion dollar idea moot. I do not wish to cause our friend any undue financial hardship, so I suggest we stick to close-quarters action. Hand-to-hand combat, crawling through tunnels, cockpit action. If we absolutely must throw the viewer into space, I suggest we literally throw them into space - depressurize the viewing chamber so they can feel the vacuum of space sucking out their eyeballs and bodily fluids as they traverse between ships in the absence of a space suit; That should distract them from the fact that there are no objects in their peripheral vision.

Last edited: