Making digital clock with logicworks

Keunjoon Park

Joined Nov 23, 2016
Hi Im making a digital clock with logicworks
but i had a problem with increment of minutes. the moment when the time became 59 min it just skipped the 59 min part and became 00:00
and i have no idea what's wrong with my circuit
if u can give a hint for it i will appreciate with your help
thank you very much

**enclosing circuit file(cct)

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

We don't open zip files. Make an image file of the circuit (.jpg, .png, etc.) and then we can help you fix the problem.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The common reasons for skipping the terminal count are:
  • using ripple counters
  • clocking the next stage on the rising edge of the carry
  • resetting the counter on the terminal count
Your schematic shows none of these.
Since your simulation does not state the part number of the 0-5 and 0-9 counters, it is difficult to seen how these functions are implemented by LogicWorks.

My guess is that the simulator is the problem.

Build the circuit with real components and see if the problem is real. State the part numbers of the counters you plan on using.

Keunjoon Park

Joined Nov 23, 2016
The common reasons for skipping the terminal count are:
  • using ripple counters
  • clocking the next stage on the rising edge of the carry
  • resetting the counter on the terminal count
Your schematic shows none of these.
Since your simulation does not state the part number of the 0-5 and 0-9 counters, it is difficult to seen how these functions are implemented by LogicWorks.

My guess is that the simulator is the problem.

Build the circuit with real components and see if the problem is real. State the part numbers of the counters you plan on using.

--------------------------------------------------
so these are counters i made...

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Does the 00-59 seconds work correctly?

If yes, then I cannot see why the 00-59 minutes should misbehave if it is identical to the 00-59 seconds stage.

Keunjoon Park

Joined Nov 23, 2016
Hey dear you are doing nice work, and the same question i have why are you decode 6 instead of 5?
i decoded 6 cuz when timer for minutes turns into 0 when it became 50 minutes. for example there is no 51, 52 , 53 minutes or so..
but i made new circuit which works well with 59 minutes timeline but it counts 11 when it should count 10. what i mean is it goes like "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,A". how can i fix this problem? im attaching pic of my circuit and counters

Attachments

Keunjoon Park

Joined Nov 23, 2016
Your 0-5 counter looks different from the 0-9 counter.
You are decoding '6' and not '5'. Why?
i decoded 6 cuz when timer for minutes turns into 0 when it became 50 minutes. for example there is no 51, 52 , 53 minutes or so..
but i made new circuit which works well with 59 minutes timeline but it counts 11 when it should count 10. what i mean is it goes like "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,A". how can i fix this problem? im attaching pic of my circuit and counters

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You need to decode 5 for 0-5 counter and 9 for 0-9 counter.
Then you AND the output of the decoder with the second half of the CLOCK pulse (inverted) to create the CARRY.
Hence CARRY is active only on the second half of the CLOCK.