Magnetism equations

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by jasmc, Aug 27, 2009.

1. jasmc

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Hi guys Im new here and not really sure if Im really up to standard with the site's members but Im having alot of troubles here and can't seem to get my brain to start understanding alot of the Electro magnetism equations.

Eg. question im faced with at the moment.
    A conductor 1.2metres long carring a current of 87 amps is placed parallel to a magnetic field of 0.9 tesla. The force on the conductor is?

The answer is 94N but I just ant seem to work out the equation behind it?
    (I also thought N stood for the number of turns not force?)

Please help. Its so hard to study when it doesn't sink in.

2. JDT

Feb 12, 2009
  3. jasmc

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Thanks for that! I knew the working worked out but Iam only 6 weeks into this course and the 2 page equation sheet does not show any such equation! not even one that could be re calculated form combining 2 equations together! Glad this site is here..... no dought you will be hearing from me in the near future! ........ hang on perhaps I am wrong, If I throw a few of the equations I have been given with these units in them is there a way I should have been able to figure this out?

I have B = θ/A θ= Fm/S they are the only 2 equations I have out of 95 equations that have B (magnetic field in tesla).

Im REALLY thinking Ill be on this site ALOT unless the beautiful gold coast weather is shining on thw weekends!:cool: