magnetic revolution pick up sensor with uC

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

What kind of sensor are you talking about?
A pickup coil or Hall sensor?
Can you post details about the sensor?
A datasheet would be perfect.
An intended schematic would also help.

Bertus

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Also what kind of uc do you use ;) In a forum like this it is hard to put in to much details about your plans. In this documents some methods are outlined for frequency counting. Even if you do not use a Microchip uc. The principals will still be valid

I'm building a drive system that will be controlled at both ends of the drive by a set of limit switches. The switch actuator will be driven by the drive motor and will control where the drive terminates in each direction.

I'm adapting a set of switches from an old garage door opener; the ones that were used to adjust the stopping point when the door closed and how high it stopped when opened.

I will need to epoxy a magnet to the shaft that drivers the switch actuator as it is a small gear made of nylon. I want the rotation sensor as close to the switches as possible due the their importance in the circuit. I've included the circuit. They MUST turn and it is important to know how many revolutions have been made as they can only turn 0-40 while the drive system must be controlled within 50 revolutions.

I'm adjusting for the 10 revolution difference with gearing.

BTW, I'll be installing supression diodes on the relays. I just haven't put them in the drawing yet.

What are your suggestions

Attachments

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
It looks like a low speed system, something simple like a reedswitch should do the job and interfaces to the electronics just like any other switch. Reedswitches and solenoid counters etc were used on low speed machines like coil winders etc.