magnetic powered generator ?

pkennedy

Joined Feb 27, 2009
I have fumbled around and idea of a magnetic powered generator and got some positive and negative feedback on this.It wouldnt be power for nothing.I actually tried building some form of one with no luck though.does anyone have any information on some experiments done or any input?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Please describe how it would work, or the one one you attempted to build.

The question is rather vague. Magnetic fields from permanent magnets are static, unless the magnet is moving.

pkennedy

Joined Feb 27, 2009
i built something similar to squirel cage fan but replaced the blades with magnets.the same pole of all the magnets facing out then attempted to put another magnet close to it with the same pole facing toward it to repel the magnets(kinda like blowing compressed air to turn the fan).this rotation would be used to turn and electric generator of some sort coupled to it if that helps any.

pkennedy

Joined Feb 27, 2009
it would turn but then would stop at a nuetral spot and I would have to turn it again.it wouldnt keep turning I may try to make another one with more magnets and stronger ones I just made the one at work pretty quickly to see if it would work but didnt have any luck

leftyretro

Joined Nov 25, 2008
it would turn but then would stop at a nuetral spot and I would have to turn it again.it wouldnt keep turning I may try to make another one with more magnets and stronger ones I just made the one at work pretty quickly to see if it would work but didnt have any luck
Luck has nothing to do with it, it just won't work as the physics is wrong.

Lefty

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
It won't work. I guess it hasn't been tried with a monopole magnet, but I doubt that would help, plus,they haven't been proven to exist.

Last edited: