Magic Trick

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Boondocker, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Boondocker

Thread Starter Member

Dec 1, 2006
  2. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    Let me out of here!
    This same "trick" has been on the electronic chat forums all day today. I thought it was finished hours ago,

3. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    Now that is FUN!

By playing a little game of banter, the portly fellow is able to fully obscure that it is the order of switches lighting the [/i]position[/i] of sockets.

Well... almost obscure.

I enjoy a good prestidigitation.

4. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    HAR!

Watched it again with the sound off. In each iteration, the first time through, (when switches are left on) lights always light in same sequence regardless of which switches activated. Methinks the portly fellow is telling the uProc which switches light which sockets, thereby setting up the second round (where he flips switches randomly).

I love this! I've got to make one of my own!

5. Gadget

Distinguished Member

Jan 10, 2006
    And I'm guessing the delay while changing bulbs or caps puts the micro back into Learning mode.......

6. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Weird! Still pretty cool, but there is something not quite right about it. I'll watch again later and see if I'm still suspicious.

Let us know how yours goes thingmaker3!

Dave

7. recca02

Apr 2, 2007
    perhaps its just me but the part where the insulations/caps from the switch were removed,seemed suspicious.
    since red cap retained its original position.
    actually they all retained their original position iirc in that particular step...something's wrong with the cap and bulbs??

8. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    The thing that got me was when only one cap was placed on a switch, why did the other switches (without caps) light bulbs? It's either a previous state switch or a small error that needs overlooking.

I'm so cynical!

Dave