Magic Trick

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Let me out of here!
This same "trick" has been on the electronic chat forums all day today. I thought it was finished hours ago,

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Now that is FUN!

By playing a little game of banter, the portly fellow is able to fully obscure that it is the order of switches lighting the [/i]position[/i] of sockets.

Well... almost obscure.

I enjoy a good prestidigitation.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
HAR!

Watched it again with the sound off. In each iteration, the first time through, (when switches are left on) lights always light in same sequence regardless of which switches activated. Methinks the portly fellow is telling the uProc which switches light which sockets, thereby setting up the second round (where he flips switches randomly).

I love this! I've got to make one of my own!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Weird! Still pretty cool, but there is something not quite right about it. I'll watch again later and see if I'm still suspicious.

Let us know how yours goes thingmaker3!

Dave

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
perhaps its just me but the part where the insulations/caps from the switch were removed,seemed suspicious.
since red cap retained its original position.
actually they all retained their original position iirc in that particular step...something's wrong with the cap and bulbs??

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
perhaps its just me but the part where the insulations/caps from the switch were removed,seemed suspicious.
since red cap retained its original position.
actually they all retained their original position iirc in that particular step...something's wrong with the cap and bulbs??
The thing that got me was when only one cap was placed on a switch, why did the other switches (without caps) light bulbs? It's either a previous state switch or a small error that needs overlooking.

I'm so cynical!

Dave