Macro pictures with common point & shoot cameras

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
In my opinion Fuji are nowhere near as good as Nikon for the same price camera. I've tested a lot of Fuji cameras and the low end ones are pretty terrible. Low end Nikons are not great either. By the time you get to about 150 GBP (probably $150 because we tend to pay over the odds) they are OK, but you can get a better Nikon for that price. I recently got a Pentax MX-1, and for the price the image quality and features are impressive. You can pick up a Pentax Q10 even cheaper which is a fun little camera, pretty decent quality.
Here's one from the MX-1: For the camera nerds F2.8, ISO 100, 1/400 sec Focal length 12mm (56mm equivalent) 1/1.7 inch sensor
You should be able to click on it to make it bigger.
That is bloody impressive!

The extent of my use is mostly small marks/proofs/symbols done in controlled invoronment indoors, either in daylight or a couple table lamps. That is why I use old camera that has been out of production for more than 10 years. I have plenty of time to setup the light, to position the camera, so I don't mess with the manual setting for focus and shutter speed.