M4V to MTV COnverter For Mac

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by MusicTech, Apr 28, 2008.

1. MusicTech

Thread Starter Active Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Anybody know of any software I can use to convert m4v files to MTV? It has to run on mac, but doesn't have to be able to play MTv

2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is MTV (apart from a music channel) file format?

Dave

3. MusicTech

Thread Starter Active Member

Apr 4, 2008
    nah, it's ok, I wouldn't know what it is if I hadn't got this player. All I know is that it is a really old school video format. I used to have one for m old windows OS, but I remember you had to convert it from m4v to flv to mtv, or something like that, I haven't done it in a while, as it takes so long...

4. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Seems as though it is a format developed for cheap MP4-players: http://filext.com/file-extension/MTV

Anyway, I cannot offer anything in the way of suitable answers (not even from a Windows/Linux perspective), however a Google search for m4v to mtv osx brings up many options. Tbh, from looking at the results I wouldn't trust any of them, but they seem to offer what you are looking for. You may feel brave and have a try of one of them, but you do so at your own risk!

Nothing shows up of value at Apple.com. Don't throw that Windows license away just yet! :p

Dave