M114 Digital Sound Generator datasheet

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Does anyone know where I can get the datasheet and to purchase this chip?

It was used in GEM MK10/MK20 and G7/G8 electronic organs made in Italy. Unfortunately the company went out of business in 2011 (from wiki General Music). I believe the chip was made by ST Micro so it may be commonly used in European made organs as tone generator.

I compared the pinouts and it is different from that of AY-3-8910.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Allen

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
General Instruments made a few other chips in the AY series (8912 and 8913) were very similar with various memory and channels of output. The higher the number, the fewer the pins. All were 0.6" DIP packages.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
General Instruments made a few other chips in the AY series (8912 and 8913) were very similar with various memory and channels of output. The higher the number, the fewer the pins. All were 0.6" DIP packages.
I have this chip from my Apple II sound card and it is different from the M114 DSG chip. The M114 has 13 address lines connected externally to a wave ROM which is not the same as the AY3-891x chips. I also have the equivalent of the GI chip from Yamaha.

Anyway I have sent an email to the address given by "tubeguy" and let's see what the result would be. Thanks.

Allen