LVBD Operation

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by shahnawaz, Jun 21, 2011.

1. shahnawaz

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 30, 2008
    hi everybody,
    hope u ppl are well. i want to know about LVBD. if any one help me regarding its working principle. and what is the latch contact mathod of an LVBD. and how it works.

thanks

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Instead of assuming everyone knows the acronym you are using, you could spell it out.

I have no clue what a LVBD is, but if I was presented with the full verbage I might know a thing or two about it. There is an old expression about assuming.

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I did a google on it, are you talking about a Low Voltage Battery Disconnect? It wasn't top of the list, but it comes as close as anything that might relate to this.

4. shahnawaz

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 30, 2008
    yes mr. bill m trying to get the info about low voltage battery disconnect.

5. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    All depending on the level of current....A LVBD typically consists of the control/voltage sensing circuitry and a contactor (basically a large relay). More modern devices might use mosfets instead of contactors.
    But the basics are the same.. When the voltage gets to a preset level the power circuit is opened.. When voltage level returns to its normal state the circuit is closed again. Typically hysteresis is programmed in to prevent chattering

6. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Are you needing a practical circuit, or just general information?

If you need something that works we'll need some more information. Things like cut off voltage, battery type and voltage, that sort of thing.