LUN Creation Problem

janu

Joined Mar 1, 2013
Dear sir/mam,

I am doing mass storage project i have to appear TWO cd-rom DRIVE & in that ONE must be booted CD-DRIVE i did that too by transfering (2048 bytes) & other must be NORMAL CD-DRIVE i did to by changing code . But i got o/p as ONE lun is ENABLE and been BOOTED successfully & another LUN is appear as cd-rom but it file system is RAW & show 0 BYTES it can't be open it shown ERROR(" IT CANNOT BE FORMATED "). so plz suggest wht prob it ll reason for dis???.

thank for help...

thanks&regards,
Janaki.s
Embedded Team

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
What is in the drive that displays the error? Is it a known, formatted CD? Is the drive a R/W CD drive? Did you write your own drivers? What operating system are you using? How have you created your software to make the first drive bootable? What is in the 2048 bytes that you transferred?

janu

Joined Mar 1, 2013
Thank you for ur reply.,
I had a doubt ,As i am currently working in USB MASS STORAGE for BIOCRYPT Application . Working In AVR32 Studio PLATFORM (ATMEL Controller).In my project, i want to create 4 LUN(PARTITION) for our Application Process (2 for CD-ROM & 2 for REMOVABLE),Now i created 3 LUN(1 CD-ROM(BOOTABLE) & 2 REMOVABLE) & it been ENABLE & Working properly .But 4th (cd-rom( NON BOOTABLE )) is not been readed .I don't know what changes to do in code i do all changes but i didn't get output.If you are free please can u check my code & suggest your ideas to solve this problem sir.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Sorry, I am unfamiliar with that application and the AVR. I was thinking along the lines of the physical hardware and/or media not being writeable ("CANNOT BE FORMATTED" error message).