Lucky Day Thread

Joined Nov 30, 2010
:(

I got the compressor running. Wiring repairs, high limit switch, head pressure bleed off valve, discharge tube, lots of teflon tape, and then found out the diaphragm on the regulator is punctured. No big deal unless the regulator is part of a 3 piece control casting...and it is. Two gauges and a pressure regulator that I can't get parts for. Redesign the whole control section so I can sell it? Just put a tank pressure gauge on it because I already have a filter and regulator rig installed in the shop?

This is going to be a, "sleep on it" decision.

Not happy right now.
At least I only have $30 in it, so far.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
That's the high limit switch, not the tank pressure gauge, the delivered pressure gauge, and the regulator for the delivered pressure.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Most any decent hardware store will have a generic pressure switch for around $20 - $25.

Just find a off the shelf one with the highest factory preset then turn the adjustment spring up further once you get it home.

Most off the shelf well pump pressure switches with a factory 55 PSI cut out can be turned up to at least double that.

If not all you need to do is switch out the main spring inside with a heavier one being a low pressure 20/40 PSI water pump pressure switch and a an 150/175 PSI air compressor pressure switch are identical other than the one or two springs inside.;)

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
That's the high limit switch, not the tank pressure gauge, the delivered pressure gauge, and the regulator for the delivered pressure.
Thought you said you needed a control. If you just need a regulator and some gauges, that's a near no-brainer.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
How to do it is a no-brainer. The decision is about which way to do it when you find the assembly of gauges and regulator are cast together and unrepairable.

inwo put up a link to the whole assembly of parts for $4. If I thought they were that cheap, I would have bought one yesterday.