LTspice question

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
I'm a breadboard guy, from way back. Haven't done any of it in ages though. So with all the talk and referenced to spice i've seen here, I downloaded it and am playing around to get a feel for how it functions.

I'm a little puzzled by the lack of two input logic devices. They all seem to be three input models, but that's OK.

What I need to know is how do you get a gate to give a 5 volt output amplitude. I'm triggering an AND gate with two different speed pulses and it functions correctly for the inputs I'm giving, but WHY does it only go to 1 volt amplitude? ???

Attachments

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
You can change the logic high output voltage by right clicking on the AND gate and in the popup menu, enters "VHigh=5" in the attribute row(i.e. the fourth row) marked "Value".

Attachments

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
That's easier than I thought it would be. I spent most of the night(since I wasn't sleeping anyway) reading through the library and trying to figure out how the model info is written and what its doing, then I went looking for the 'AND' gate model only to discover that it wasn't there. :confused:

Still I learned alot, and increased my desire to break out my old breadboarding stuff as well. :)

Thanks for the answer,
Kermit