LTSpice OPAmp

Alex009

Joined Jul 2, 2014
Hey guys,

I got a question concerning LTSpice.
-> How exact are the OPA modells? If i use for example Lt-insertnumber in a cirucuit will it show me the correct phase/gain over frequenzy? Or are the modells of lt extremely simplyfied. (-> i just get a "standart"-diagram instead of the one which is for example in the datasheet)

BR
Alex

mitko89

Joined Sep 20, 2012
If you use some ideal models, yes it is simplified, if you use the model of a particular opamp then it's pretty precise. Big companies provide spice models for their devices and you can expect them to behave as simulation shows.

Alex009

Joined Jul 2, 2014
Are you sure about this? Since i tried it once and got a completely different result as i could measure in reality.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Are you sure about this? Since i tried it once and got a completely different result as i could measure in reality.
In general, the specific op amp models should be a reasonably good match to most of the spec sheet parameters.

For what parameter(s) did you get a "completely different result"? To compare the parameters you must run the simulation with the same circuit they use for the data sheet values.