LT3757 Flyback Simulation with RCD Snubber

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by george4peris, Mar 23, 2012.

1. george4peris

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Hi,
    I study electric engineering in Greece and I am assigned to design and simulate (using LT SPICE) a DC-DC converter using the LT3757 component as a flyback converter and an RCD Snubber. Vin=12V , f=100Hz. I tried to design the converter (I don't know if it is correct) by manipulating a similar project of LT3757 boost converter that i found on linear technology's website but I don't know how to calculate the values of the resistors and capacitors that i should use. Could anyone help me?

PS. The file that I attached is my first try since I've never dealt with electronics before.

PS2. Sorry for my English

2. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    You said you wanted a flyback converter but the .asc circuit you posted is a SEPIC (buck/boost) converter, not a flyback. So which do you want? :confused:

P.S. Your English is fine. :)

george4peris likes this.
  3. george4peris

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 23, 2012
    I need a dc-dc flyback converter simulation and the .asc is probably wrong. Is this file correct?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  4. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Yes, that appears to be the basic flyback circuit from the data sheet. The data sheet also tells you how to calculate the values for the various components starting on page 17.