LT Spice Question

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Building a circuit, first time I've ever used it. However, I need a SG3525n Mosfet Dual Driver, a 12v Zener, and a 1uf MKP. There not in the Database.

How do I get another source for those parts and add them to the .net.

Thank you.

kv

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Someone else said, I probably won't find it anywhere. So, I thought maybe it could be done by simulating the Frequency, of the PWM Chip.

This is the Datasheet, well above my head. Any Suggestions.

Thank you.

kv

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Look here for the SG3525 model.

There is a 12V zener model (BZX84C12L) in the diode library.

Don't know what a MKP capacitor is, but the standard capacitor model will likely work.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
The MPK is a standard metalized poly cap. If I remember right on your schematic, the MPK cap didn't make sense where it was. Since it is in series, on a DC part of the circuit. Thought caps blocked DC?

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
My Mac won't let me View the Netlist, So I can't copy and paste the file.

Stuck again, I seen some programs out their but they look dated.

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
The MPK is a standard metalized poly cap. If I remember right on your schematic, the MPK cap didn't make sense where it was. Since it is in series, on a DC part of the circuit. Thought caps blocked DC?
The MPK is a non-polarized Capacitor, it doesn't care which way the voltage goes, it will pass it.

I would need correction but, that's what I think I know.:)

The author of the schematic I'm following, claims it helps with kickback from the flyback. I don't know if that's true or not, because his original schematic doesn't work.

kv

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
FYI, if your new to Mac, I learned something today, while trying to get these files to .sub and .sym

With the release of Lion they are hiding Library by default, in order to get to it and have the correct file path you, use finder/ and go in the header, click go/ in the drop down you'll see Computer, depress the option key and Library will appear.Click Library to select and follow the path of folders.

In order to see the correct path in LT Spice, Go to the Schematic and right click find Component/ you will have the display component list at the top of it, will show your file path to place it in .sub and .sys

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010

Attachments

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I'm told by (others) to just deal with the labeling, I'm ok with that:)

No reward I guess, because you'd have to totally reprogram.

Thanks again, Sgt.

kv

Edit: I'm just glad I have it:)

Last edited:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I labeled the pins as I did for several reasons; try to keep the inputs on the left and outputs on the right; supply voltage on top and ground on the bottom; and try to keep the symbol from getting overly large by keeping the pin names abbreviated yet meaningful.

It's not perfect, but it's a reasonable compromise. I'd have to have a pretty compelling reason to change it, as I'd have to re-work any LTSpice .ASC file I'd created in order to use a modified symbol; which I really don't have time to do.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I labeled the pins as I did for several reasons; try to keep the inputs on the left and outputs on the right; supply voltage on top and ground on the bottom; and try to keep the symbol from getting overly large by keeping the pin names abbreviated yet meaningful.

It's not perfect, but it's a reasonable compromise. I'd have to have a pretty compelling reason to change it, as I'd have to re-work any LTSpice .ASC file I'd created in order to use a modified symbol; which I really don't have time to do.
Thank you, I didn't realize how much simpler it was until I actually began to route them.

I said, to myself, he did it to make it easier. I used the Data sheet and labeled accordingly. It was simple.

Thanks for all you do. You saved my Schematic, and when I found out you were the author, it was even better.

kv

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
If you have the latest version of OS X 10.8.5 you may have trouble, I do have VM ware, I didn't want to use it, because it was running so smooth on the Mac.

Although, it didn't have a toolbar, I sent them info of the problem. However, the newest update was for Windows I hope they will update the Mac side as well.

If the Version of LT Spice is not the same as your Mac OS X it will not be the same as a Windows OS. You will not have the same control. It builds but Capacitors and things are very different, you don't have the same controls.

Plus, like me not toolbar to say the least. I'm going to have to draw the hole thing in Windows. That way I can see all the differences.

Last edited:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I don't have the second window.raw
You don't get that until the sim has progressed a fair way (progress is shown at the bottom of the .asc window). Did you fail to get the .raw screen even after the sim had run 100%?

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
You don't get that until the sim has progressed a fair way (progress is shown at the bottom of the .asc window). Did you fail to get the .raw screen even after the sim had run 100%?
Ok, I'll let it churn through, I do see something happening in the bottom left corner.

I'll let you know.

Thanks,
kv

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Now I have the Mosfets doing something, what I'm not sure because the SG3525 is not oscillating, but if the SG3525 is not oscillating how is it possible for me to see 206 + Amps on both Mosfets? Of course in the real world that would melt them down. I played around the circuit and put the 22ohm resistor in series with the Gate which seemed to change things, what I'm not sure at this point.

My question is Why isn't the SG3525 no oscillating? What am I doing wrong, I'm to new at this and I can't edit the Sub, I'm a newbie.

Here is Rev4.4

Edit. I'm not sure what's going on, this runs perfectly on my machine but, when download it, it's just a ,txt? yet it shows on the site as .asc? weird.

Can someone try this and see if it's doing the same thing to you?

Last edited: