LRDP730 Thingy?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Warsaw, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Warsaw

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Hello all, was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem i have with a battery pack for my Husqvarna Automower G1.

The batteries were dead, so i bought a replacement-pack were i had to solder a few wires to the new battery and thats it.

So here is the problem. When i took of the original plastic i broke a little component (i guess), called LRD P730 (see picture)

Can anyone tell me what that thing is or does, and MOST important of all: Where can i get a new one, or replacement?

Hope someone can help me :)
    • 123.jpg
      File size:
      287.2 KB
  2. crutschow

Mar 14, 2008
    It's likely a thermistor or other type of temperature sensor to monitor the battery pack so the charger can detect when the batteries are getting warm, indicating they are charged.

But I could find no reference to that part number (may be proprietary) so don't know how to find a replacement.

How was it damaged?
  3. Warsaw

Apr 24, 2012
    Hey, thanks for the reply

It broke. When i was removing the plastic from the original battery it broke, as half of it was in glue :(

If anyone else could find part og replacement for it i would be very happy :) A new original one is quite expensive and with less mAH than this one. But had to reuse the old wires
  4. Warsaw

Apr 24, 2012
    Still seaching for this component.

Still noone have any idea what it does? or where to find one?

The components 2 wires, going direcly into the multi-plug along with 4 others that will be the battery +/- and 2 temperature sensors in series (placed between the batteries).

The broken one im looking for is placed on top of the battery pack and soldered to one of the batteries, then 2 wires into it -> Multiplug

So im thinking: It cant be a temperature thing as it normally only have 2 wires, right?

Could it be some sort of mini-contactor as it has 3 poles?
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  5. meratz

Oct 16, 2006
    I have the same battery that is incredibly corroded. I have been trying to figure out how it is put together so I can have a new one built instead of paying a fortune for a new one from Husqvarna. I think the tab is just a connector. I will carefully take it apart in the next day or two to see if there is anything special about it. I the meantime, I was wondering if you had an idea of what is connected to the blue and green wires? There is nothing at the end of my wires. I know there was probably some sort of thermistor or something similar before the corrosion ate it. Can you take a pic of it and post?