low wattage electric blower motor

aac9876

Joined Dec 9, 2006
I am looking for a 25-35 watt AC motor /blower that will act as a combustion blower
to increase the efficiency of my woodstove. Ideally it would have a blade design
that would push a small amount of air when it was on BUT wouldnt block too much air
when the blades were idle. Most of the time. It would only be used a little bit now and then. With this in mind, anyone have an idea and a supply link for something like this.
Perhaps some kind of blades in a barrel,cage type configuration might work for this.
Or just something with very few blades that wouldnt block the 4 inch intake hose path
too much when it wasnt turning....Most of the time the blower would be inactive...

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Many of the larger microwave ovens and some home oven use a rotary cage blower like this. They are also deisgned to handle some heat and are usually stainless steel etc, so would be perfect for your needs

If you know an appliance repairer or junk store etc that has any of those big old microwave/convection ovens from the 1980's you should be able to strip a blower from one of those.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
A 24v MOBILE HOME CAS (Cumbustion air System) Nordyne makes 24v less 1amp models. they usually have 2" to 4" ducts. The field airBoot has an offset design that gets the blades out of the way of incoming air completely.

Im not sure of the Fields motor draw, but 90% of mobile home furnace parts are 24v. So, it shouldn't be a problem to find what you want.

[ed]
Here is a bunch of info on CAS. You can also see the offset design I was talking about
http://www.fieldcontrols.com/cas.php
[/ed]

Last edited: