Low Frequency Signal Generator

Volt

Joined Nov 28, 2008
Hi,

What is the greatest sine wave signal generator configuration to operate at frequencies of 10Hz to around 20kHz and output 10V peak to peak?

I'm considering using the Wien Bridge circuit, what's the most modern and greatest configuration?

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Oh, that would be a real sine wave generator. You may want to look into signal generation ICs.

and how great is greatest? Whats your budget?

Volt

Joined Nov 28, 2008
Oh, that would be a real sine wave generator. You may want to look into signal generation ICs.

and how great is greatest? Whats your budget?
This is just a design task that has been given to me, so an assumed unlimited budget I guess! When I say greatest, I mean most efficient, accurate and all that jazz. Are there more complex configurations than just the basic Wien bridge, feedback and suchlike?

Can't beat a wien bridge for low distortion. The downside is that the distortion rises somewhat at very low frequencies (as it approaches the time constant of the amplitude stabilisation circuit), and there is some amplitude bounce when the frequency is changed - in fact this is a figure of merit, as the greater the amplitude bounce, the lower the overall distortion.