low frequency buzzer

bazzakeen

Joined May 11, 2015
I am new to electronics, and would like to make a low frequency buzzer.
is it possible to wire a capacitor in series with a resister to produce a pulse that would drive a piezo,
would this work? if its feasible, any advice about values would be much appreciated,

Bazza

bazzakeen

Joined May 11, 2015
Think its a piezo, taken from a personal alarm, cant see any internal components but when power supplied it makes a horrendous squeal,
can't see any identífication numbers or marks on it.

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
I am new to electronics, and would like to make a low frequency buzzer.
is it possible to wire a capacitor in series with a resister to produce a pulse that would drive a piezo,
would this work? if its feasible, any advice about values would be much appreciated,

Bazza
You can produce a pulse with those components, but how is that useful in making a buzzer?

bazzakeen

Joined May 11, 2015
thought maybe I could drive a buzzer as previously described with a pulse, so to be able to adjust frequency.
guess your telling me it wouldn't work.

Bazza

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
Clearly this sounder is not just a piezo element, it must have a built-in oscillator with a fixed frequency. It probably isn't practical or even possible to change that frequency so the best solution, if you need a low-frequency buzzer, is to buy a low-frequency buzzer.

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
If you really want to make a buzzer, you will need to build an oscillator. Probably the most common approach is to use a 555 timer chip in astable mode, the 555 can deliver enough current to drive a low impedance loudspeaker directly.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015