Lots of Miniature Lamps in Parallel to a Battery

icecapsule

Joined May 2, 2013
Hi, I want to wire quite a lot of lamps in parallel to a battery and I was wondering how many could I have in one set? And what battery would I use?

So, I want to wire as many of these as possible;
Panel Lamps 15x29mm E10
15mm x 29mm 2.4V 625MA 1.5W E10

There are lots of other ones in this range that would also be suitable that go from 2.4V (this ones the lowest) to 60V, with the MA and W changing accordingly- so if it's easier to use an alternative bulb let me know, I got the bulb spec from http://www.lampspecs.co.uk under Miniature Lamps.

Much like fairy lights I suppose, but they have to be these bulb types :)

(just to note: I previously put this Thread up asking to wire to the Mains, but the advice of fellow forumers meant I could have 100s of these bulbs to the Mains I figured it's maybe best for all concerned (and health and safety!) to wire it up to a battery. As I think I'd get more of these wired to a battery than I originally thought.)

Thanks!

Claire

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You can start by wiring 5 to 10 lamps in series connected to a 12V battery and examining the brightness of the lamps.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hi, I want to wire quite a lot of lamps in parallel to a battery and I was wondering how many could I have in one set? And what battery would I use?
What is "quite a lot"?

Since these bulbs take a lot of juice, I'd use a 12V car battery. If you think that's too big, look for a tractor or motorcycle battery. If you need a long run time between charges, look for a marine "deep cycle" battery.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
Have you thought about using LED's instead. They are much more efficient than incandescent lamps, or do you have a particular reason for using these?