Lost Mobile Phone?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by recklessrog, Apr 1, 2016.

1. recklessrog

Thread Starter Member

May 23, 2013
    Not really an electronics post, but I thought this may be of use to some on here...............
    Do you keep misplacing your mob phone? Mine has a habit of slipping out of my pocket and ending up down the side of a chair somewhere, so i came up with the idea of setting the alarm for a couple of times during the day. That way, if it's lost, I just wait 'till the appropriate time and then retrieve it from it's hiding place!

2. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    I just stopped putting it in my side jacket pocket or pants pocket - that way it doesn't fall down the side of my car seat or between the cushions of chairs/sofas. Instead, I keep it in my shirt pocket - one problem solved. Unfortunately I have created a bit of a new problem. Now I need a way to keep it from falling in the toilet when I bend over to pull up my pants.

Willen, nsaspook and recklessrog like this.
  3. Roderick Young

Feb 22, 2015
    Assuming that's not an April Fool's joke, that could work, but since I so rarely misplace my phone, setting a periodic alarm would be a nuisance. If I need to find it, I simply call it from another phone.

recklessrog likes this.
  4. recklessrog

Thread Starter Member

May 23, 2013
    Oh no April fools joke, unfortunately only have the one phone, and it usually happens when I'm over at a friends house! Ive got used to it's hiding places at my own home. Also, the short term memory is not what it was :(

5. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Any iPhone has a great "find my phone" feature. I can look on my laptop for its GPS position, which is usually not useful to me since I know it's in the house with me. But I can also direct it to sound an alarm on the phone, which will work even if the volume is down or if the "no ring" button is on.

6. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    I just call myself.. (obviously this requires another phone)

7. recklessrog

Thread Starter Member

May 23, 2013
    Strange as it may seem, I only want a phone to call or txt people, although the camera can be handy. But it is becoming increasingly difficult to get a "basic" phone.
    I've got a laptop, and desktop pc. I've got a good sat nav that is fixed in the car, and as for photography, I have a Canon Eos 5D mk11, Eos 15D and a couple of L series lens's etc. Now I only use these individual things when I want them 'cos that's the way I like it.
    My mob phone is a cheap Nokia and I get unlimited txt's and 2000 mins for £6.50 a month. If I should ever lose it completely, I can be back up and running for about £30.00.
    I see my friends with their all singing and dancing phones with a thousand apps the probably never use, pay between 3 and 10 times a month what I pay, and have a heart attack if they drop it and break it. :)

InspectorGadget likes this.
  8. ISB123

May 21, 2014
    I just leave my phone in the same spot all the time. If someone needs me they know where to find me.

9. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    I don't have a mobile phone. When my wife wants me to come home, she calls my girlfriend.

Evanguy, Papabravo, #12 and 4 others like this.
  10. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Up until 2 weeks ago I was using a basic flip phone for calls and texts. As I recently did a major upgrade to my truck sound system I wanted to get something with Bluetooth.

I found I could get a flip phone with BT for $15 or a windows phone for $30. I took the windows.

Yeah, it does lots more, but it seems I spend as much time using it as I do learning how to do something.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    My phone prefers to stay in my pocket...even when I'm doing laundry.
    They get really pist when you run them through a clothes washer!:eek:
    It must have taken lessons from my wrist watch.:mad:
    :D

recklessrog likes this.
  12. nigelwright7557

May 10, 2008
    I put my driving license through the wash.
    Now I have a very clean license !

DickCappels and #12 like this.
  13. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    Just don't get busted laundering money.
    [​IMG]

#12 likes this.
  14. Externet

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 29, 2005
    About 9 years ago a guy overseas developed WIMP (where is my phone?) Search that, should be around.

15. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    My kids and my boss want an app that will tell me that I need to find my phone because they sent me a message. I never carry it unless I'm on business travel. PS: Call my land line kids.

16. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
  17. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    ...and yours with a not-yet-exhausted battery.