Loosewire's Couch

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
@ jaygatsby , The ninety year old doctor that was in good phyical shape, walked

to get his dinner. Loved life ,had a staff of people to look after him....he had a fall

thursday, friday evening after family visit he was gone...(that dreaded morphine drip
I thought he fell off a fishing boat and disappeared? Or was that another guy?

I can see you happily re-enacting a morphine drip, though. :D (without dieing, of course)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I thought he fell off a fishing boat and disappeared? Or was that another guy?

I can see you happily re-enacting a morphine drip, though. :D (without dieing, of course)
You can't die from a morphine drip or pump. You gotta press the GD button every 6 minutes to get morphine so you basically sit in your hospital bed in agony counting the clock till your 6 minutes pass. The only way to die from a pump is if the resiviour were to rupture or the pump were to have a catastrophic failure. My bud just had spinal surgery 3 days ago so I'm up to date with my drip knowledge. Hes doing better now, the surgery seems to have helped. He had a lot of scarring though so they said he's gonna be sorer then normally.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Guys instead of calling me strange names, you should think about where you are

on the life chart. When it come your time to get sick or fall and someone has to

look after you. You get a little weary from being sick. Are they going to say, well

we'll see him thru this one, then you know we all have jobs. The dreaded, he had a

good life, we all have to go sometime. As much as you think about you making end of

life choices,you may not. The choice you make can be changed. Good luck to you

is all we can say,nothing we can do to help you.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I finished my move today, very sore...but still pounding away on my home base.

You guys can't face the truth ,so you call me strange names and every one joins

in for there turn. You all have been told ,its dark in the cellar..but you all come down

once in a while anyway ,to be curious.

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
@ loosewire

I'm not insulting you, man. I think you're a cool guy, from what I've read of your posts. You're A-O-K with me. Don't take me the wrong way :)

Your friend J

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
Lower lumbar degeneration from working on computers his whole life. They did a microdisectomy or something like that where they cut out the bone thats pressing on your spinal cord. He had siatica too.
People who constantly work with computers should also spend some time running and exercising... like me!

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
And stretching! I was starting to get some sciatica pain and everyone said "its just old age, you'll have that now for the rest of your life".

BS! I stretched regularly for about 3 months and have not had a twinge since!

In "primitive" cultures they know to stretch as they get older, and do things like TaiChi and Yoga etc and avoid all that age pain and live to 100.

In our "sophisticated" western culture we go to the doctor, he says "it's just old age, you have to live with it now" and gives you expensive nasty damaging drugs to take for the rest of your painful and toxic life. Go figure. ;)

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
Absolutely. I've seen several chiropractors, but decent stretching took care of what they pretended did not exist. I've never done yoga, but I think that will help folks out as well. Stay active! Run! Get up off your lazy fat ass and lift!

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Moved my entire computer setup from the livingroom into the bedroom, now I'm sitting at my desk all day when I don't have work. @Geo, I find myself hitting the F5 button frequently too :D

Got my desktop up and running, currently have Ubuntu on it, but my mouse doesn't work. I have to do everything through the keyboard, which has been a learning experience for me. Having trouble now--Just formatted the HD as NTFS (I thought), but my Windows 7 installation keeps complaining that it's not formatted as NTFS....

That's what I've been up to. Haven't watched much TV lately.

@Loosie, this thread has gotten a lot of interest in a short amount of time. How do you do it?

Bedtime here. Back to the computer first thing in the morning to (hopefully) install Windows, and once that's done install my new RAM--all 16 gigs of it :D

Night guys!

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Catch.

Ok, I'm in, so I have a good friend who had been active most of his life and then went into the
terminal lifestyle.
(Programming)

After about 5 yrs he develops a problem in his back, So, he invests in (the ball) to sit on, since then he's gone back to using a chair and does use the ball (to sit on) when needed.

It stretches your back at the same time strengthens.

Some company's will allow it, if it increases production without cost.

Who gives a ......... what anybody else thinks.

If your in pain you should have the right, to be able to do something about it.

kv

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Sitting back with my cheez-it's and V-8 juice, what a way to go into the night.

I like to tell you guys about my food ,make me enjoy it. (pepper jack Cheez-its))

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
I sat on a ball for a little bit. I spend so much time at the computer that my lower back became exhausted after a week or so.

I developed a habit a couple of years ago. When I sit, particularly in restaurants, I keep my lower back very straight. This has strengthened it and reduced pain that I had before.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Sitting back with my cheez-it's and V-8 juice, what a way to go into the night.

I like to tell you guys about my food ,make me enjoy it. (pepper jack Cheez-its))
How about helping me choose what to eat?:D

I'm feeling pretty hungry. The shop is a 5 minute walk away...

Bacon between two slices of white bread with some HP sauce is tempting.... But I'm not sure I'm up to cooking the bacon.

Perhaps some sausages? Or chorizo and egg combo? Hmmmmm....