Looking for research project on logic design and coding of microprocessor.

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by Abhinav Himanshu, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Abhinav Himanshu

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Hello, I am 3rd year undergraduate student and have a huge interest in logic design of microprocessor and its coding but not the fabrication part.Can someone please suggest me some good research topics according to my interest.
    Thanks 4 help.:)

2. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    You want to design a processor but not build it??? How will that work?

The closest thing I can think of is a field programmable gate array (FPGA). You can buy a development board and use it as a platform to host your design.

3. Abhinav Himanshu

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 18, 2016
    d
    Do you have anything specific in mind which i can do as a research projects. or you can guide me through some links.
    thanks

4. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    You might think that a large pool of individuals would be a good source of ideas for a research project. I do not think you will find happiness here since most of us have little interest in research and don't subscribe to the journals where such research might be published. A better strategy might be to go to the library at your school and read the papers in the journals that you can get your hands on. Personally, I have not read a journal article since I was in graduate school (ca. 1970), so as you can see I'm just a bit out of date.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  5. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    I don't work with FPGAs so I don't have anything specific to offer. You may try looking at the Wikipedia page for "soft microprocessor" to get something to start with.

6. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    We only have a certain number of basic logic functions. And by now, I'm sure we already have computer programs that can solve any logic condition. I am not a programmer, but I would think this is old hat.

Logic is easy. Density and speed are needed.

Intelligence will be more difficult. Because intelligence is not directly logical. Intelligence filters and re-orders the relevant logic. Intelligence is the application of bias on logic.