Looking for pcb designer

a.mlw.walker

Joined Aug 8, 2008
hi I am learning electronics, and I have been working on a project. i went to a local company to have a pcb designed, and they wanted to charge me what seemed like a fortune. I dont know if Im in the right forum, but I am looking for a freelance pcb designer, to help me out (paid obviously).
Basically My project started with the Arduino Mega2560, I started trying to do it myself by modfiying the open source eagle files for it, however I got myself into a bit of a pickle!
To give you some details of what the design involves:

25 button matrix,
9 other buttons,
30 leds
1 rotary encoder
4 potentiometers
2 16 channel multiplexers reading 25 piezo transducers
1 atmega2560
1 atmega16U2
1 USB socket
2 1/4 inch female jack sockets
the required resistors diodes and capacitors to manage the above.

Alot of the circuit can be taken straight from the open source eagle file for the Arduino mega2560, however instead of going to female header pins, i want everything wired up properly.
There is also obvious layout consideration required.
I look forward to hearing from anyone interested - if you are, pm me and I'll give you my email address
Thanks
Alex

a.mlw.walker

Joined Aug 8, 2008
Yeah I will need it manufactured. Whats your situation? Do you manufacture at home, or do you own/work at a manafacturing factory? can you assemble (im talking surface mount)?

Robin Mitchell

Joined Oct 25, 2009
I manufacture at home.
As of now, no solder masks, through hole plating or silk screen however the price is unbeatable. You are looking at a price of £10 depending on the board size. Maximum size (double sided) is 100mm x 160mm but for single sided is quite large (around 12" by 12").

Also note that in recent days I can now sucessfuly create TQFP. SOIC packages are easy as pie!

Currently, I am working on soldermasks and may have one working within this week!
Dont forget to look at my website for more PCB info!

Oh, there is NO labour charge on the PCB boards!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I don't know where the OP is located. What kind of international shipping rates do you typically encounter, Mitch?

Robin Mitchell

Joined Oct 25, 2009
Outside the EU (america eg) the P&P is £10. This however is tracked with a tracking number on airmail (fastest delivery). It is tracked since customs have a tendancy to hold and destroy electronic goods. Inside the UK, usually first class at £1