Looking for old magazines.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by CiaranM, Dec 5, 2012.

1. CiaranM

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I can obtain PDFs of old copies of Electronics Today International, Practical Electronics, and possibly Elektor. I've grown interested in these things; I bought an ETI mag from July 1978 which features a section showing how to build a synthesizer (the Transcendent 2000), and I'm starting to see how useful these publications could be.
    So far I have found these: http://archive.org/search.php?query=practical electronics AND mediatype:texts
    There are several PDFs of PE suitable for downloading.
    If you live in the UK and have some of the aforementioned magazines which you wish to sell, don't hesitate to contact me!
    Thanks for your time.

2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Depends on what you are looking for. I have old copies of Practical Wireless, Practical Electronics, Popular Electronics and the complete collection (almost) of Byte.

3. CiaranM

Jul 15, 2012
    hello! well, I'm looking for electronic copies or physical copies (I prefer these) of just about any issue. I have a few of the 1973 PE mags, and that's it.
    say, which publication is your favourite?

4. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    I grew up on PW, reading every issue from cover to cover multiple times until the next issue arrived, including all the ads (which I could only dream about because I was in a foreign country).

5. absf

Dec 29, 2010
    I remember there's an article on Practical Electronics describing a circuit called Logiscope. It was made up of an CA3140 op-amp, a 4017 and an osc using 555 or something else (cannot remember exactly).

I made the circuit and lost the magazine. Any one got that article mind to scan it for me? If that's too much trouble, the schematic would be fine too. I want to reconstruct the thing again.

Cheers.

Allen

6. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    I found this one with a google search, unsure of what your probe is exactly.

absf likes this.
  7. absf

Dec 29, 2010
    No, that's not the one.

I found the index of the PE magazine here:

http://www.the-cool-book-shop.co.uk/practical_electronics/

And the article I am looking for was in the MARCH, 1979 issue.

Allen

8. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    That circuit may be included in one of his Books on Amazon

That is a link to his TTL book, though others may have the circuit as well.

absf likes this.
  9. CiaranM

Jul 15, 2012
    If I ever get a hold of that copy then I could send you some photos/scans (if I have a scanner), provided that you give me your email address.
    back to the original question.. anyone???

absf likes this.