Looking for literature suggestions on getting aquainted with Arduino Wireless

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by Yusif Nurizade, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Yusif Nurizade

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Hello all! I am an electrical engineering student currently on a school team to enter NASA's Lunabotics competition where we have to build a remote controlled excavator to navigate an obstacle course, mine lunar regolith simulant and return it to a specified location. We have to communicate with the robot via a router and have decided on using the Arduino Microcontroller for this purpose. I previously made a thread asking for advice on choosing between a microcontroller vs. nettop and microcontroller combo which can be viewed here:

I have not had microcontroller experience prior to this project and started doing as many projects as I can to get acclimated. Don't worry there are other team members with experience and we have close to a year to build this thing. The questions I was hoping to get some advice on today was where can I find literature that can help me specifically with the networking aspect of it. I am hoping to interface a joystick (or two) to the controlling computer and preprogram some complicated onboard commands which would require only a small bit of data to be broadcast to activate (minimal bandwidth use is a part of the scoring for the competition.)

I know that there are many books out there about learning Arduino as well as websites. Unfortunately, many of these are general intro projects and the books I have seen give you a little bit of everything instead of a heavy focus on one thing. Can anyone recommend specifically wireless Arduino literature? I would strongly prefer online vs. books but would be grateful for both.

2. be80be

Jul 5, 2008