Looking for Liquid Tin

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by samh93, Jan 30, 2013.

1. samh93

Thread Starter Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Hey everyone, I ordered some plating materials from Crownhill Associates the other week. The materials never came and when I emailed them was told because of regulations I couldn't have the product, (nice to be kept in the know, even after taking my money). So anyway I'm looking for some liquid tin thats not terribly expensive, does anyone know where I can find some in the UK?

Thanks

Sam

2. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    For a DIY PCB? Don't worry about it IMO.. Its NOT needed at all.

but google gives a bunch of places
    http://www.megauk.com/pcb_chemicals.php

and isn't crownhill a UK supplier.. I'd bet due to ROHS you can't get it anymore.

3. samh93

Thread Starter Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Well the circuit board works really well, its my 4th prototype but its for my Product Design coursework and I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I'd like it to look quite proffesional.
    Yeh its in the UK but due to Royal mail regulations they can no longer ship it. Not sure what regulations they meant but I waited well over a week without even an order confirmation.
    Thanks for the link, when it says non-UK how much do you think I'm looking at for delivery?

Thanks

Sam

4. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    but aren't you IN the UK?
    That note does not apply to you.

5. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
  6. samh93

Thread Starter Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Thanks for the replys everyone. I found some on Rapid for about £25 including delivery. I just searched liquid tin but when searching for tinning I found loads of results.
    When it said Non-UK I thought it meant the item was a non-uk, I didn't realise what it meant.
    Thanks for all your help guys, I'll upload a picture next week and show you how its gone

Sam