Looking for IPS with less switching time

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by rezazillullah@yahoo.com, May 2, 2007.

1. rezazillullah@yahoo.com

Thread Starter New Member

May 2, 2007
    Hi

I had been working for designing an IPS that would have a switching time less than 15ms (so that computer operartion can be uninterrupted). I also want this to be of minimum possible cost (of course except the battery - I intend to use 12v lead acid battery).

I think that if this IPS could supply the load from the battery instead of the mains, in that case there would be virtually no switching time! For this, possibly I would require to have some thing like :

MAINS -----> Battery ----> Inverter -----> LOAD

Can anybody please help me? I will be greatful. You can mail me at rezazillullah@yahoo.com.

Oh, I want it to operate at 230V (not at 110V).

Thanks a lot.

2. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    Which part, specifically, do you need help with?

3. rezazillullah@yahoo.com

Thread Starter New Member

May 2, 2007
    Thanx for the response.

In fact I need some support for the inverter part. It would be nice of u if u please help me to sort this out.

4. gootee

Apr 24, 2007
    Well, at least you can assume that this probably "can" be done, since there have been commercial products that did the same thing.

You might want to look on some switcher IC manufacturers' websites, to see if they have Application Notes for DC-to-AC inverter designs. I would at least look at linear.com, ti.com, and national.com .

- Tom

5. cumesoftware

Apr 27, 2007
    Well, some IPS work that way, instead of having a swith to comute from mains power and battery power. You don't need to build one.