looking for electric circuit simulator ?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by LETITROLL, Sep 27, 2014.

1. LETITROLL

Thread Starter Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Hello everybdy here .

I am trying to find a program that simulates electric circuits and not electronic circuits , mainly using phase relays , water level relays , timers , contactors i mean the kind of material you find in electric control panels

2. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    There is Boolean/ladder logic as used in PLC controls, this is one of the closest I can think of that replicates the relay etc control logic, many systems also have a simulation program to avoid actually using the PLC for debugging.
    There is also the small Smart Relay, a form of min. PLC made by a few manuf, that run in similar logic.
    Max.

3. eetech00

Jun 8, 2013
  4. LETITROLL

Thread Starter Member

Oct 9, 2013
    There is a lot of PLC simulators but they are rare to find and expensive for my budget .

5. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    LETITROLL likes this.
  6. LETITROLL

Thread Starter Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Just found a nice program called rsx 500 , i will try to familiarize with it .

Sincerly appreciating your previous suggestions btw .

7. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    Sounds like the Allen-Bradley programming S/W?
    Max.

LETITROLL likes this.
  8. LETITROLL

Thread Starter Member

Oct 9, 2013
    It is , and sorry the correct name is RS logics 500 .

I have just talked to a guy that is working in the automation section of the entreprise mainly PLCs , speed control units and timers .
    he said that he directly makes a ladder logic diagram rather than making a grafcet first .

So is it easier to do a ladder diagram without grafcet ?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  9. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    Depends what you are comfortable with, Although I have the full version of RS logix, I mainly use Mitsubishi PLC's but usually you can flip back and forth between the two programming methods to get a feel for it.
    I generally like to program in ladder ,(I'm a 'visual' person!) and used to trouble shooting the old hardwired relay logic systems .
    But I wasn't aware the Logix will run simulation without a PLC?
    Max.

10. LETITROLL

Thread Starter Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Hi again max

From the video i watched you can simulate some allen bradley PLCs .

I think every manufacturer has its own software , like step 7 microwin from telemecanique .