Looking for datasheets on CD-ROM

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by web, Sep 25, 2008.

1. web

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Getting datasheets on the net is great and convenient but there are times when I don't have net access. So I am trying to find datasheets on CD-ROM. There was a short time between phasing out of the printed books and before the Internet was popular that most manufacturers put their datasheets on CD-ROM. That seems less common now.

I found datasheet CD-ROMs for National and ON but am having are hard time finding them for other manufacturers. Any help with the other manufacturers would be much appreciated.

National Semiconductor

ON semiconductor

I should mention these CD-ROMs are not free. National's costs $3.00 and I'm not sure about ON's.
    Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003

The Internet has killed off the humble CD-ROM for such tasks, and although as you have seen, some manufacturers do supply CD-ROMs many (even most) don't - at least not publicly. Could I suggest you could approach the manufacturers directly and see what they say about obtaining their datasheets archive on a ROM-based medium?

Another option is to use your net connection to build a repository of your own to take on the road. Use something like this as a starting point to get to collections of datasheets and databooks for several large manufacturers and then use a auto-downloader to queue-up and download the PDFs all at once. It is a bit faffy, however there are several browser tools that would make this job a few clicks.