Looking for anti-static packaging

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by DerStrom8, Jun 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerStrom8

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Hey everyone.

I've gotten to the point where I'd like to sell off some of my old stuff, and I'm in desperate need of antistatic packaging, namely foam and bags.

For foam I'm looking for pieces approximately 6 in. x 8 in. x 1/4 in., and some smaller pieces (I can always cut them out if I need to).

For bags, I'd like a variety of sizes, ranging from 2 in. x 2 in. all the way up to 12 in. x 14 in., or larger.

If anyone's got some they'd like to part with for a low price, please let me know! I'd be happy to pay you via paypal, provided you can offer me a better deal than on ebay ;)

Thanks everyone!
    Regards,
    Matt

2. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Uline......

3. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Thanks strantor. Just went through their site, their pricing is a bit rich for me. I'm looking for low-quantity and cheap alternatives, preferably among forum members here (hence posting in the flea market section).

Thanks for the suggestion though. Might come in handy if I ever need to do a significant amount of packing ;)

Regards,
    Matt

4. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Aluminum foil is also a good alternative.

5. Metalmann

Dec 8, 2012
    Not too long ago, I saw a supplier on Ebay.

6. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Do you still work at a university? Often the electronic departments have a lot of old antistatic bags. As they often put away those then they receive electronics/components

7. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
  8. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    I'm afraid not. My job there wasn't paying the bills so I moved back to my home in Vermont and now have a job in software development at a large company here. Otherwise, I'm sure I could get my hands on some.

9. errantone

Jun 20, 2013
    I bought some bags on aliexpress.com, if you are willing to wait 3-4 weeks. I think i bought 100 small ones for about 0.07/piece including shipping.

10. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Thanks errantone, that looks like a good source for the bags. Just need some anti-static foam now, and that's actually my priority at this point. Need some about 1" x 3" x 1/4", or larger.

11. Markd77

Sep 7, 2009
    Do PC motherboards still come packed in antistatic foam? It's been a while since I bought one. If they do then your local PC repair shop should have plenty to give away.

12. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    If only I had a "local PC repair shop". I'm back in Vermont, at my home out in the boondocks. The closest place I have is a Best Buy (Geek Squad) about 30-40 miles away, and I'm not sure they'd have some. I'll have to check with them next time I'm out that way.

In the mean time, if anyone knows where they can pick up a bunch of it for free (I wouldn't want you to pay for it), I'd be happy to pay for shipping if you'd like to send it my way.... ;)

13. Austin Clark

Dec 28, 2011
    I believe I have quite a few of those translucent silvery bags of different sizes, and a tiny bit of conductive foam. I'll have to check when I get back home to see exactly how much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.