Looking for a USB Hub (7 port) with only pin headers

StealthRT

Joined Mar 20, 2009
Hey all I'm in a search for a 7 port USB hub that only contains headers so that I can more easily integrate it with my PCB I am designing.

I did find this:
NZXT INTERNAL USB EXPANSION MODULE IU01

The reason why I can not use this module is (1) It has 2 USB sockets already soldered (no headers) and it only supports 4 USB ports and not 7 like I am in need of.

And then this is pretty much what I am looking for here:
UUGEAR 7-PORT USB HUB

Each of those pins represent 1-7 USB ports + upstream port. Problem being is that its $29 each and I would need at least 10 of them for my project! So needless to say, its over budget to get that.

If anyone has any info on anything that fits the module above then please post it so I can check it out and see if it can work with my project!

Thanks!

pwdixon

Joined Oct 11, 2012
What are you trying to achieve? It looks like you really want a really large USB hub.
As you can chain together smaller hubs to make a large one you could just connect together a number of say 4 port hubs to make an overall large hub. For 64 ports you would need 21 4 way hubs which even in the uk can be bought for £1 or less each making a total build of £21 (less any casework), this has the advantages of no design, cheap and any failures can be readily replaced. It does really depend on what you are trying to do. I did something similar to this in one of my previous jobs where we wanted a multi-port fax machine so I just bundled together a number of fax modems it worked and people even bought it, amazing what people will buy when they see something packaged up.