Looking for a Supplier

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hey guys
I am trying to get 22uf 35V or 50V Bipolar capacitor
I tried ebay. What I got was from Italy. The shipping charge was too much.
Is there any one in here that could do me a favor and sent me. I can pay via paypal if the price is reasonable.
I need around 20pcs.

Lemme know if any one is upto it.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hi R!f@@ !!

Duh... [ me ] by bipolar you mean the ones that have two capacitors in one can with a common negative...

I have a HUGE Allied catalog I can look up an address and part # if that will help... the order would be up to you...and I never could understand why outfits or individuals have to pad shipping for such an obvious extra profit... Bastages...
Just like two caps back to back. But I need the space and the board is already designed. So I need to fit to the space.

http://www.gme.cz/ceb-22u-35v-hit-enr-6-3x11-rm2-5-bulk-p123-574

How many of them do you need?
I could be able to do it for you but earliest on monday :/
This is what I need. I think. I am trying to make a Gainclone using LM3886. It uses a 22uf BP but it does not state which voltage, so I figured I would go for 35V. May be I need less voltage but I cannot tell. :(

Any one care to look at the data and tell me what should be the minimum voltage.

@Shagas.

I will PM u my address.

Thank you so much :)

Attachments

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Have you tried with an electrolytic capacitor? In the design example from the datasheet figure 1. They have used a standard electrolyte capacitor not a bipolar electrolytic capacitor in the same place. So I think it is just an drawing error
Edit: Huh...Looking at the schematic in the datasheet one more time. They have used a bipolar capacitor (ouch). Given the frequency range. A a bipolar electrolytic capacitor will probably do. And they also cost less. Than other choices that can be quite expensive in that value

Last edited:

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Depending on the nature of the signal, two caps back to back in a pinch!.
Max.
Not sure how it applies to a pair of back to back polar electrolytics, but normally 2 equal capacitors in series equals 1/2 the capacitance.

Apparently; if you put clamp diodes to prevent reverse charging on both caps, series connection doesn't halve the capacitance.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hey guys
I am trying to get 22uf 35V or 50V Bipolar capacitor
I tried ebay. What I got was from Italy. The shipping charge was too much.
Is there any one in here that could do me a favor and sent me. I can pay via paypal if the price is reasonable.
I need around 20pcs.

Lemme know if any one is upto it.
For 22uF; you might want to check out multilayer ceramic chip - some manufacturers also do resin dipped leaded versions.

They're smaller than electrolytics (especially non-polar ones) and have very low leakage and ESR.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I prefer bipolar.

Any one figured out the exact capacitor voltage tht would be needed minimum.
Or is 35V OK.

Please lemme know the price first.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
The question is, do you need that cap at all?
Very funny t0. :rolleyes:
Of course I need the capacitor. In fact I need another.

I have the speaker protector tht uses a BP.
So I decided to change the voltage and be safe.

Here is the updated list.

1. 22uf 50V BP - 50pc
2. 10uf 50V BP - 50pc

This is final on bipolar caps. All others I can get.
Where is Shagas by the way. :confused:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Very funny t0. :rolleyes:
Of course I need the capacitor. In fact I need another.
I guess the most important role of that cap is to ensure a gain of 1 for DC. But if you have a DC block in the stages before. And at the same time include a speaker protector. I would say it could certainly be discussed how important that cap are

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
Sorry , I had some work to do .
I've start lectures on monday morning so I can run down to the store then and send them in the afternoon.
Pm me how many you need and your adress of course :)
They cost 6.30 Kc each which is 0.33 USD

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It has something to say for the amplifier frequency response. It is not needed for the amp to work strictly speaking
U are confusing me.
I am using a active crossover prior to amp from 100Hz to 20Khz.
The L+R channel uses two amps per channel (LM3886) .
One for high and one for low/mid.

High is HP filter from 3Khz and above.
Low/Mid is band pass from 100Hz to 3Khz.

Plus a speaker switch on and DC protector circuitry.

Ur info is enlighting. :) I will try it. But for future projects I might need the capacitor.

Thanks t0

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
You can always put some space for it on the board. And just strap it if not needed. If you have a second order high/band pass filter (100/3KHz) before the stage. I think you will not need that cap. At least not hear any difference with or without it.