Looking for a microcontroller

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by zowki, Feb 24, 2008.

1. zowki

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Hello, This is my first post.
    I am looking for a certain microcontroller for my project but I just can't seem to find one for my specifications. My project is to create a wristwatch that runs on the uclinux operating system. So the specifications are:
    - Memory: Low power 8mb DRAM, 16mb Flash
    - CPU: Low power 55mhz or more
    - Everything to fit in 35mm x 30mm x 14mm
    Is there any microprocessor out there with my specs. Thanks.
  2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    I'm sorry, but those requirement are way too much for a wristwatch. Is timekeeping the sole function, or is the device to have more ability that just that? Using a microprocessor for timekeeping is sort of like using a big backhoe to plant tomatoes.
  3. mrmeval

Distinguished Member

Jun 30, 2006
  4. zowki

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 24, 2008
    My watch isn't just for timekeeping, its also for running Linux programs on the uclinux os. It could do practically anything you want. By the way your site you gave me (http://contest.renesasinteractive.com/Default.aspx) the kit is only valid for American users. Any microcontroller manufacturer that meets my needs. I also forgot to mention before that it has to be a 32bit architecture. The dram requirements don't have to be 8mb. 4mb is fine to run uclinux.