Looking for a good components shop on Long Island

pitman80

Joined Oct 3, 2008
Hey all,

Does anyone know of a good components shop on Long Island? I'm new to the area and need a few things pronto. I've looked in the phone book and online, and what I've seen isn't very encouraging as yet. Even the Radio Shack guys weren't a big help (very unusual given my history with them in other states). Any help is much appreciated.

Pit

Last edited:

scubasteve_911

Joined Dec 27, 2007
Hey,

Digikey is honestly the best way to go. You get the orders the next day and they have almost everything you'd want.

Radio shack isn't what it used to be, the guys in there know nothing..

Steve

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
Hey all,

Does anyone know of a good components shop on Long Island? I'm new to the area and need a few things pronto. I've looked in the phone book and online, and what I've seen isn't very encouraging as yet. Even the Radio Shack guys weren't a big help (very unusual given my history with them in other states). Any help is much appreciated.

Pit
As a "Lawn Guylander" myself, I cannot offer too much encouragement. The components shops have disappeared. The only one I know of is "LNL Electronics" on Robbins Lane in Syosset, just off the expressway. http://www.lnl.com/

I usually check DigiKey, JameCo, JDR, and Mouser, myself.

HTH,
--Rich

My father called it Conscience Bay, and we probably anchored there 1,000 times (or so it seems) in my youth. Given the prevailing SW breezes, it's usually a nice reach to and from Norwalk. Takes 3-4 hours in a 36 footer, 4-5 hours in an under 30 boat generally. You can also go into the town at the head of the harbor and pick up a mooring or dock. Danforth's Restraint is popular. The sand pit, to your port as you pull in, has some shallow spots (I spent one afternoon on one after the boat swung around). The winds are shifty. Best left to the motorboats that crowd in, but it is fun for kids to climb and play on the cliff's. Anchor just outside the sand pit.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
As a "Lawn Guylander" myself, I cannot offer too much encouragement. The components shops have disappeared. The only one I know of is "LNL Electronics" on Robbins Lane in Syosset, just off the expressway. http://www.lnl.com/

I usually check DigiKey, JameCo, JDR, and Mouser, myself.

HTH,
--Rich
Leeds Electronics is still alive and kickin'

eric