Looking for a circuit that

doug08

Joined Jan 30, 2011
can be triggered on and off ONLY after receiving 2 negative pulses within roughly 3 seconds time. If only one pulse is received, I want nothing to happen. Any ideas or links?

Thanks.

doug08

Joined Jan 30, 2011
maybe 1/4 to 1/2 sec each in duration. A stable positive voltage that experiences a voltage drop, but not to zero.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You could use a 555 timer that is triggered by the first pulse and that enables the circuit for three seconds with a subsequent pulse required within that window to activate the circuit. Now, what do you mean "triggered on and off"? Do you mean that once the second pulse is recognized that the circuit is turned on and then turns off automatically? Or do you mean that it is toggled upon recognizing the second pulse and stays in the new state until a subsequent pair of pulses is received?

It would be most helpful if you would provide a sketch of what you are looking for.

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
maybe 1/4 to 1/2 sec each in duration. A stable positive voltage that experiences a voltage drop, but not to zero.
Can you be more specific? What voltage? What would the 'LOW' state voltage be?

How about a drawing showing the input waveform and the desired output?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Get each pulse to trigger a monostable multivibrator with a pulse duration of about 1-2 seconds.
Feed the AND condition of the two monostable outputs into a third monostable set for any desired duration.

doug08

Joined Jan 30, 2011
I figured the 555 would work, but can someone post a link to the circuit that "WBahn" is talking about? Either type he mentioned will work.

Thanks!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I suspect such a link does not exist. You are creating a unique scenario. I suggest you provide the information requested: a timing diagram of what you expect to happen and a clearer description of what you mean by "triggered on and off".

There are many experts here on circuit design and we haven't got a clear picture of what you are trying to accomplish.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
You could have a 555 triggered by the first pulse,that enables a cd4017 for 3 seconds, and the clock pin pulses on the next trigger signals ,set the 4017 to count to 2 or 3.