Long range video transmitter HELP

Jacob J

Joined Jun 18, 2009
Hello

I have found this video-transmitter kit:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25582

I tho need it to transmit all the way to 1000 yards, and that transmitter I have linked to, works only to max 500 yards.

It does have a removeable antenna and ive got an idea; What if I changed the antenna's on the reciever and transmitter to something bigger and placed them both 2-3meters high in the air, would that give me the extra range or is the devices limited by the circuits within them?

It is a 2W kit and I have found 3W kits that can transmit 11km with the right antennas, so thats why I was wondering if it would work.

Hope you can help me

/Jacob

dmsmith

Joined Nov 14, 2009
You did'ent say what freq., you are useing for your video link.I once used a 2.4 GHZ 10 mW video link over a distance of 1.5 miles by connecting a para bolic dish to the rec.,No modification was made to the transmitter aerial which was about 3 inchs long.

Last edited:

Jacob J

Joined Jun 18, 2009
I dont know if I need a license. I am from denmark so ill ask around on some danish forums about that. But would my setup work?

The freq of the video link is 2,4Ghz and 2W. You can see it in the link ive posted. But it would be nice, just to attach an antenna to the reciever and transmitter and then it would work out to 1000 yards.